Sunday, February 3, 2008

Together in Christ

Things will begin to settle down at church as we turn the corner into February. Yesterday I read that the ground hog saw it's shadow so we will have six more weeks of winter. Well I don't know if that means anything for our life at FBC. It is always busy no matter what season we are going through. This morning we worshiped with Central Baptist. I preached a message entitled, "Come Closer" and our combined choir sang "Holy Ground." We ended the morning around the communion table. I think the service was very inspiring.

The day actually began with Sunday School. We met in the sanctuary at Central and broke up into small groups that allowed us to share our stories and get to know each other. It was truly a generational event.

After worship we gathered in Bushnell Hall for a pot-luck lunch. It was fun sitting around the tables and chatting about life and church. Next month we will do it all again at First Baptist. The talks about merger are definitely on hold. They may or may not arise again somewhere down the road. I think that is in God's hands. For now, we can enjoy these moments of worship, prayer and ministry together and be blessed to know we have friends across the river.

Here are some photos from this morning's gathering. I'm sorry I didn't get any at worship but Janet Jeffcoat of Central took a few and I will post them when she gets them to me.

Cal

No comments: