Thursday, February 28, 2008

Long distance communication

I am still here in San Diego. I heard John Ortberg speak this morning. He is a Pastor from Menlo Park, CA and we used some of his DVD materials for Bible study last year. He was as good in person as he was on the DVD. As a matter of fact I picked up a copy of his new DVD Curriculum and will use it next fall for a Bible study. I am also picking up some other resources that we can use down the road.

This morning I was thinking about how much communication has changed in my twenty two years at the church. I finished the newsletter out here yesterday afternoon and emailed a PDF copy to Sandy in the office. She printed it out and it should go in the mail tomorrow.

I needed some information so I called a few people to get the answers. It didn't cost me a penny because I used the cell phone. Just before the morning session I emailed my weekly epistle to the Norwich Bulletin and to a good part of my list. I did from California this week and most people probably won't even know the difference. Then this afternoon I emailed Pastor Michelle about Sunday's service. I talked to Fred Green about the Praise team's plans and received an e-mail from Patricia Ohlund about flowers for Sunday.

Now all I need is to find someone to set up the pot-luck lunch on Sunday and make sure we have plates, cups, punch and coffee.

Anyway,m the conference has been good and I have lots of anecdotes to use in sermons, blogs and epistles for a while. I'll write more tomorrow!

Cal

No comments: