Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A three day recap

It is snowing tonight and so our activities at church were cut short. A couple of our teams had a practice scheduled and they were canceled. Choir met but we quickly went through our songs for the next two weeks and then went home early. Not before we got to enjoy the birthday cake Gwyn Green made though.

Last night three of our basketball teams played. The FBC Heat team had a great game and they won their third game of the season. The Wildcats stretched their unbeaten streak to eight games even though they were short handed. I want to say that the Young Bucks won, but I don't want to say something to jinx them. I haven't heard how they made out so I will let you know when I get word.

I was in Hartford last night in my final meeting as Past President of ABCCONN. The Executive Committee met and discussed the upcoming World Mission Conference that we are hosting here in Connecticut in September. It is going to be a great event an I hope a lot of our folks will be able to attend some or all of the sessions. I am even going to try and get one of the missionaries to come and preach in Norwich.



On Sunday night our kids were invited to join the kids from Central Baptist and First Congregational to cook and eat Stone Soup and watch the movie "Amazing Grace." Fred and two of our kids took part.

Over the last few days we finalized our roster for the Mexico Mission Trip and purchased all of our airplane tickets. We also secured the final mini van for our trip. It looks like we will have fifteen of us going. I'll write more on this in another entry.

Cal

No comments: