Thursday, February 21, 2008

People, places and things accomplished

Every once in a while I get to spend a whole day with people. My morning began with Rabbi Arian. We met for breakfast to talk about life, theology and the possibility of offering an interfaith Bible Study as an auction item for the Rotary Club event on March 14.

I got to church and did some work. We usually have office hours between 9:30 a.m. and noon on Monday through Thursday at the church. I'm there quite a bit, but if I am not there, Sandy is usually available to answer questions and provide information. Sometimes people drop by to say hello or just to pick up or drop things off. Today I had a number of visitors. Tom, Yolanda and Quincy all dropped by for short visits.

At 11:30 a.m. I headed off to meet Linda Lea Snyder, ABCCONN's Associate Executive Minister for lunch. We chatted about a couple of events that are coming up that I needed some more information on. One of the questions concerned a grant from ABCUSA National Ministries and a program that is aimed at helping churches becoming transforming communities. I am real excited about and will be looking for volunteers to become part of a missional church leadership team. I also asked her about the upcoming Spring Fling and the workshops that are aimed at helping church leaders grow.

I got back into town and stopped by to visit Jennifer and Mark. Then it was on to visit the Roscoe family to talk about the upcoming funeral.

After dinner, I went back to Church for our Deacon's Meeting. We talked about a number of thing that are happening at church. It was great. We noted the casserole brigade, the mission trip, the interfaith luncheons, the present and upcoming Bible studies, our worship with Central Baptist, the plans for Lent and Holy Week and a few other things.

As I got home, I sat down and began to reflect on a good day in the ministry.

Cal

No comments: