Sunday, November 15, 2009

Worship on the 15th of november

This morning we continued our worship with an eye to Thanksgiving. People brought in some of their items for the Thanksgiving baskets and we talked about the things we are thankful for. My message highlighted the fact that God loves each of us so much that he gave his only begotten son. Patricia Ohlund gave her testimony on how trusting God blessed her and Steve in their business this year.

The choir followed up Patricia's testimony with the anthem "Let Us Serve Him." I also had some fun and removed my preaching robe for the children's moment to reveal my star trek uniform. I told the kids that God created each of us with unique gifts and talents and we are called to use them to share his love.

We also sang three of the most beloved hymns in Christendom today. We sang "Holy, Holy, Holy" to open the service and In the Garden and "How Great Thou Art" to close things out. It was a good day.

No comments: