Friday, November 6, 2009

Walking with God through Friday

Fridays are not usually busy days at church. Unless we are trying to get the newsletter out or we are working on some project, Sandy doesn't work and the office is closed. I use it as my "overflow" day and if nothing is pending, I often take the day off.

Today we wanted to get the last of the stewardship letters out. Sandy came in with her daughter, Nicky and they did that as well as a couple of other small jobs. I had a light day planned and was going to help but the phone began ringing as soon as I walked in the door.
As it turned out I ended up meeting several people during the course of the morning. It was almost as if I was meant to be at church. I met with Cynthia Strouse to talk about our missional church emphasis. I caught up with Bobbie Adams who brought some books by the church. I met a friend who was going through a tough time. I ran into Rabbi Charles Arian at Subway and we had lunch and conversation together. Then I stopped in to see Marge Booth and we had a nice visit.

I always say a little prayer as I start the day. I ask God to guide my steps and lead me to the places where I can do the most good. That certainly happened today. I walked with him all day and I was blessed.

Cal

PS The stewardship newsletter went out and all of our members and friends should receive it over the weekend. It includes the Narrative budget, the proposed 2010 budget, a copy of last week's sermon and a letter from the stewardship committee.

No comments: