Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Church is like one big family

It's a small world. After our softball game on Tuesday night I went out to the parking lot and ran into Joe Contois, June Deptulski's son. I didn't know why he would be there. At first I figured that he and his girlfriend were probably enjoying the reservoir. A few minutes later I saw Kenny Marsden, one of our former softball players and a member of the other team we were playing, holding a baby. I didn't get the connection at first.

The baby belonged to Joe and his girl friend, Tasha. Kenny said that Alannah was his grand-daughter and that Tasha was his daughter. Who would have guessed that these two people I know from different segments of our church life together would be connected through a baby. It just goes to show how far and wide our Church's ministry reaches.

Cal

No comments: