Friday, May 22, 2009

The people I learned from as a young minister

In a few weeks I will celebrate my 24th anniversary at the church. I was thinking about the men and women that were serving in the association churches back then. I looked up to many of them and they taught me so much about pastoral ministry in my early years in the pastorate. I can't remember them all but I put together a list just for nostalgia sake.

SUNL Pastors
Davida Crabtree - Colchester Federated
Frank Murdock - Essex Baptist
Alan Scott - Flanders Community
John Brooks - Lebanon Baptist
Elwood Babbin - Ledyard- Gales Ferry Baptist
Clarence Mignon - Montville Union Baptist
George Hubbell - Moosup Baptist Church
Ken Carpenter - Mystic Union Baptist
Bob Bartlett - First Baptist New London
Elizabeth Conde Fraser - Primera Iglesia de New London
Ed Bradley - Niantic Baptist
Jim Pratt - Noank Baptist
Lynne Holden - First Baptist North Stonington
James and Susan Cowen - Third Baptist North Stonington
Bruce Elsensohn - Central Baptist, Norwich
Carole Simpkins - Central Baptist, Norwich
Merle Spring - Old Mystic Baptist
John Dell - Packerville Baptist
Judson Day - Poquonnock Bridge Baptist
Wade Hiltabidel - Quaker Hill Baptist
George Oakes - Voluntown Baptist
Dick Keach - Winthrop Baptist

I can't remember who was at the following churches.
Deep River Baptist
Jewett City Baptist
Putnam Baptist

The following people were on staff in the ABCCONN Office in Hartford:

Executive Minister - Dr. Orlando Tibbetts
Associate Executive and Minister of Camping - Rev. Russ Petrie
Area Minister - Dr. John Brooks

We shared a minister of World Mission Support with Rhode Island
I think his name was Roger

Office Administration
Carole Freehan
Barbara Twiss
Becky Fuller
David Follet

No comments: