Saturday, May 23, 2009

More clergy leaders from 24 years ago.

I want to continue on the previous thread and talk about the ministers, priests and Rabbis that were in Norwich when I first arrived in 1985. I wasn't here but a couple f weeks when I had a visit from the President and Vice President of the Norwich Clergy Association. Rabbi Stuart Altshuler and Scott Raeburn wanted to welcome me to town and invited me to come to their monthly meetings.

Chuck Johnson - Assembly of God
Stuart Altshuler - Beth Jacob Synagogue
Bruce Elsensohn - Central Baptist
Carole Simpkins - Central Baptist
Don Lillipop - Christ Church, Episcopal
Dwight Anderson - Christian Missionary Alliance
Caroline Edge - Lee Memorial United Methodist
Will McLane - Park Congregational Church
Fred Frick - St. Mark's Lutheran Church
Roland ??? - St. Mary's Church
Don ??? - Sts Peter & Paul
Frank McManus - Sts. Peter & Paul
Scott Raeburn - Taftville Congregational Church
Terry Olafson - Unitarian Universalist Church
Jere Stone - United Congregational Church

The Bishop of Norwich was Daniel Reilly
Clarence Peterson was a chaplain at the State Hospital

Shortly after I arrived here, Judy ??? arrived at First Congregational Church, Norwichtown.

Cal

No comments: