Sunday, May 3, 2009

Love in action Sunday

We had a nice day at church. It began with Sunday School. Lori Lord filled in for George Rezendes and did opening exercises. She invited the Henry girls to help lead and take up the offering. The kids also practiced their songs for Children's Day.

We celebrated communion during morning worship. My message was from I John 3 and I talked about putting love into action. Right after church a group of us did that. Pam Kane, George Strouse, Pete and Betsey Adams, and Karen Barber walked in the CROP walk for world hunger. Chelsey Calkins and I manned the rest stop at our church and greeted the walkers with water and apples. I'm not sure how much money was raised but it looked like the group had fun.

Here are a few photos from the CROP Walk.

Cal






No comments: