Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Visiting

Sandy is on vacation this week and so I have the office to myself. Like a man whose wife has left to visit her mother for a few days, I have the freedom to do what I want. That translate into the office being a mess and me being in the office just long enough to drop a few more things into piles.

Actually I have been on the road a lot this week. I've been to Wallingford to visit Bob Booth and out visiting a few of our members. It has been nice because we haven't had any meetings or softball games this week so my nights have been free. I've used them to stop in and catch up with a few people.

I've enjoyed these visits. When I first came to Norwich I did a lot more visiting. In the last twenty years it has become harder though. Everyone's schedule is so full that a home visit usually is more of an imposition that a treat. But none-the-less, if you would ever like a visit, or if it is easier for you to stop by to chat, give me a call and we can make an appointment. I might even try to pick up before you get here :-)

Cal

No comments: