Thursday, August 14, 2008

I make hospital calls

Bob Booth came home today. He has been at Gaylord Hospital in Wallingford for the last few weeks to do some rehabilitation. Last week he came home to have some cancer treatments and that really took some wind out of his sails. This week he was just worn out. I was up to visit him on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. When I told someone that I went up there they were surprised that I traveled out of town to visit people.

The truth is that I try to get to the out of town hospitals for at least one visit if someone from church is in and if I know about it. I've traveled to Yale-New Haven and St. Rafael's Hospitals in New Haven, Hartford Hospital, The Children's Hospital and St. Francis Hospital in Hartford, Westerly Hospital, UCONN Medical Center in Farmington, Rhode Island Hospital in Providence, Women & Infants in Boston and a few others over the years.

The church gives me an auto allowance to cover my expenses when I have to visit like this. I consider it part of my job. If you have to go in for surgery or if you are in an accident, please call and let me know. I'll try to visit you before you go in and while you are there.

If you go into Backus or L & M please be sure to call the church as well. I don't always stop in the hospital so I won't know you are there unless I am alerted by you or a family member. Don't think of it as a bother. I heard someone say, "He's so busy I hate to bother him." The truth is that my main job is to walk with you as your pastor and that means praying with you in times of trial. So call if you need me.

For now I will continue to pray for your good health.

Cal

No comments: