Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Reporting from Charlotte NC

I've been on the road today. I am in Charlotte, North Carolina at the moment. I am getting ready to catch my connection to Louisville, Kentucky to see my parents. It has been an eventful day that began with some kind of a scare in Providence that closed the airport right down for over an hour.

I had just gone through the security gates when agents descended on the area and asked us all to wait. A few minutes later a policeman came through with a man in handcuffs.They let us go but the security checkpoint was shut down and the doors to the building locked. All planes were grounded and the main area was secured.

It wasn't really scary but it did make you think about all the things that could go wrong. Anyway. my plane left and hour and a half late and I missed my connection. So for the last three hours I have been sitting here at the airport. The good part of it is that I got to see President Obama take the oath of office. There was a crowd gathered around the television sets and they all cheered when he finished. From all I gather from listening to people speak, it will be a moment that they will long remember.

So that's all for now. I'll be back on Thursday. I hope you will join us on Saturday for the Missional church giveaway at the Martin Luther King Center as we meet our neighbors and share coffee, hot chocolate and cupcakes with them. Please come if you are free.

Cal

No comments: