Monday, January 26, 2009

The day flew by

Shortly after I got to church this morning I had a steady stream of visitors. Guy Brown dropped by to give me Amanda's email address. We chatted about the girls and what they were doing. Then Fran and Julia Rogers came by with a load of groceries for our Food Pantry from Wildwood Christian School.

No sooner had we filled the cupboards than we had a steady stream of people coming to get some food. Jeffrey, Shawn and Rebecca each went away with some food for a few days.

Meanwhile I ran down to Friendly's to make sure everything was set for our mission fundraiser on Tuesday night. I met the manager and he told me we were good to go. I also stopped by Staples to pick up some ink for the printer. Pretty boring, huh?

After I grabbed a six inch turkey sub and fresh value meal, I headed back to the church to write a fundraising letter. I sent out a few emails when I was done and then ran down to the Otis Library for a meeting of the Board of Trustees. Before I knew it the whole day had slipped away. And here I am now writing my blog entry for Monday.

Well time to put this day to rest and get ready for tomorrow.

Cal

No comments: