Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A friendly event for the Mission Team

Because of some miscommunication, I had to run around a bit and was late in getting to the restaurant tonight. I was stressed. I was worried that we wouldn't have enough people to make our quota. I was feeling pressured because I didn't know if anyone else would show up to help. I knew Pastor Michelle Madsen Bibeau was going to be running late and that she had to leave early because of another commitment.

Then I saw the welcome smile of the store manager and I knew everything was going to be alright. Across the room I saw Judy Vickers and Janet Laflamme and the kids. A few minutes later Patty and Sarah Bober walked in the door and from that moment forward the night zoomed by.

Patty and Sarah stepped up and took the hostess job and began seating people and I did my thing. I went around greeting people and taking pictures. We got credit for all the folks we brought in and anyone else who walked in the door. At one point there was line of people waiting. Once that cleared up it was smooth sailing.

It was a lot of fun and we had a number of folks from both churches drop by. We also got some more donations in the jug and one check in my hand. We could have just had our hands out, but these fund raisers have been fun because we have got together in a couple of different venues.

I want to give a big thank you to those who came out to support the fundraisers as well as to those folks who have become a part of our mission team by making donations at church. We are trying to raise a lot of money and everyone has been so generous.

Stay tuned for news about our next event.

Cal

No comments: