Sunday, September 21, 2008

What I did on my summer (late) vacation

A number of people asked me about my trip to Australia. They read my epistles or saw the two articles in the paper and it piqued their curiosity. So I thought I would share with you a little slide show I put together.

My daughter Sarah is a third year student at the University of Connecticut but she's studying at MacQuarie University this fall. That prompted my trip. It was provided the opportunity for me to go and visit a place I heard a lot about as a young person. My pastor and mentor, Rev. Dr. John Brooks was from Brisbane and his nephew, Neil, is living in Sydney. We had the opportunity to catch up with him and have dinner with him and his family.

As I set off on the trip, I stopped in to see my oldest daughter Becky. She is teaching in New York City in the Teach for America program. She loves it and I got to see her in action.

It was a great trip but I am glad to be back.

Cal

No comments: