Friday, June 20, 2008

Wedding bells and blessings

Where did the week go. I guess time flies when you are having fun or when you are getting older. Yes, I had my big birthday this week. Maybe I was trying to forget about it and that seemed to erase every other event.

On Monday I met with Scott Royce and his fiance, Jessica Malinowsky, about their upcoming wedding on August 8th. This is going to be a busy season with weddings at church. We have already been host to Andrew and Erika Higgins wedding in May and and renewal of vows for Douglas & Christine Lawson Carter last week.

In the coming weeks we will host the weddings for Kevin Mariano and Lindsey Adams (July 5), Sue Kenyon and Dave Kogut (August 8), Kristy Kine and her fiance (August 22), Wayne Morse and Kim Perry (August 30), Zelda Earle and Bruce Fellows (September 5), Stephanie Saporita and her fiance (September 6) and Katie Seder and Adam Karon (September 21).

We don't have a membership policy regarding weddings. In other words we perform weddings for any who come to us and ask for God's blessing. I meet with the couples a few times and we talk about marriage and how to maximize what God wants for them. Many of the weddings come from people either directly connected to the church or through referrals or friendships. Out of the weddings I have slated for this year, only one has no connection to the church. Yet this wedding comes from a referral from someone who I have ministered to in the community.

It is funny but over the years I have met many people who were married here in the church or by the pastors. They always talk about the good memories. Maybe that is what the blessing is all about.

Cal

No comments: