Friday, June 20, 2008

An open prayer line runs through church

I went to visit Bob Booth on Tuesday afternoon. He is at Haven Health Care doing some rehabilitation. bob has been bothered by back pain for a while but on Monday he ended up losing strength in his legs and after a trip to the Backus ER he was sent to Haven Health. It was not his first choice. Afterwards it was revealed that he had a pinched nerve that was causing the problem.

I mention this whole episode because if it wasn't for a bit of luck, I wouldn't have known Bob was at either the hospital or Haven Health. Someone who ran into someone who knew Bob called me and told me. Then I called Marge and got the scoop. So Tuesday I stopped in to visit and pray with him.

Please don't hesitate to call me if you are going into the hospital or you are going to a rehabilitation center. I will be happy to visit and pray for you. Every once in a while someone says to me, "I know you are so busy and I didn't want to bother you." Well please BOTHER ME! That is why I am here. My job as pastor is to be the shepherd and to care for you with my prayers and presence in your down times.

I am blessed and I get to do a lot of fun things as I serve you and our community. But my role is to be a prayer partner with you in time of need. So don't hesitate to call. If I can't get there, one of our Deacons will. The one thing that we can offer you as a church that the world can't is the power of prayer. so take advantage of it. Call when you need it.

Cal

No comments: