Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The highs of an average Wednesday.

The umpire had on his Chicago Cubs cap and as we played softball tonight all I could do is laugh and think of the bad news bears. We would get two outs and then they'd get a hit or we'd flub a ball and they'd score two or more runs. That is how it has been all season long as we limp along to an 1 - 8 record. We are in most games but we just can't seal the deal.

Tonight Chip Chaffee hit a grand slam and a two run homer but it wasn't enough because we couldn't string along enough hits to score many more runs. We will try again on Friday. After the game we will stop in for pizza at Olympic Pizza. Maybe that will change our luck!

After tonight's game I dropped in for our Bible Study. I love this group. We really had another great discussion. C. S. Lewis poses a thought and we tear it up and and go up and down some rabbit holes. It is good for the mind and the soul and I always leave invigorated.

The problem is now I have to get ready to settle down and go to sleep. I'll have good dreams for sure.

Cal

No comments: