Sunday, June 8, 2008

A day at the waterfront

On Saturday I went down to River Fest and ran into several people from church. I saw Frank & Muriel Roderick. They watched the races and then enjoy some of the tasty treats with family. Joel Fishkin was there. He was on one of the Dragon Boat teams. Conner, Maddie and Sharon came to watch him. Luis Pabon, Stan Boyes and members of Style Extraordinare were there with several contestants in the Miss Connecticut Pageant, including Rachel Lord. George Rezendes was there and so Lori and I. Later on John DiBiagio and his band, Fat Cats, were there too.

I always like to go to community events like this because I see so many people I know. It also reminds me that we are connected to the community in which we live. When we do ministry, it is not in a vacuum. We are part of a great small city with so many activities and events that bring us together. Someday I would love to see us have a booth or a table at one of these events. Maybe we could give away something that would express the love God has for all of us. So let's think about it and see if we can come up with something good.

No comments: