Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Midweek ministry

God's "time" was the topic of our discussion at the Mid-week Bible Study tonight. As we were discussing C. S. Lewis' book, Meer Christianity, we got also got into a few other side discussions that were very interesting. I really like this Bible Study time and it made for a good ending to a busy day.

This morning we continued working on the June Newsletter. Today we found a great article about Denzel Washington and his faith that will be included. I think you will like it. I hope it will go out this week but it will depend on how much we get done tomorrow. We still have some work to do in preparation for the "Big Fifty Sunday Celebration" this weekend. Somehow we have to fit that in as well.

This morning I had my last service at Haven Health Care in Jewett City. I have really enjoyed the ministry to the residents up there. One of the things that we are able to do as a church is to provide services for places like Haven Health. Because we have a full time ministry, it means that I have time to reach out and share the Gospel with the elderly and other groups like them. So thank you! :-)

Cal

No comments: