Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Imagine what God can do

On Wednesdays in May I have been conducting worship at Haven Health Center in Jewett City. About fifteen to twenty residents attend the service. We sing a few hymns. I read the scripture and share a message with them. Then we pray. Today I told them that we all were going to pray together. As I paused, I encouraged them to lift up family, friends and other residents' names. It was very moving to hear them pray for one another.

I came away from the experience thinking two things: First these folks really enjoy being able to attend church. Second they leave knowing that God can still use them. That's powerful. So think about this: If God can use a group of people who have severe physical and mental handicaps, imagine what He can do with able bodied men and women like us. So what are we waiting for? Let's be the church and share God's love this week.

Cal

No comments: