Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Monday morning ministry

Yesterday was a great day. I got up early and went to the gym. Then I drove out to Camp Wightman to pick up seven ladies who were in Connecticut for their Fall Retreat. They were members of the American Baptist Women's Ministries Executive Committee. I volunteered to drive them to the airport with our church van. I had the opportunity to show them around Norwich and brag a bit about our city.

After I dropped the ladies off at Bradley, I drove to Farmington to check in on Hillary and Lee McFalls. On Sunday night Hillary gave birth to Cameron and Logan McFalls. Both boys weighed in over 4 and 1/2 pounds and were doing very well. One of the boys needed a little boost with the oxygen for a few hours but by morning both of them were doing very well.

Emily and Margaret McFalls were at the hospital when I got there and both of them had the opportunity to see the babies and were very excited. Seeing newborns is definitely one of the best parts of my job as a pastor. I prayed with the family and then made my way back to Norwich.

As I passed through Colchester I stopped in to see Leon Dalbec. Leon i a good friend of mine from High School who is part of our extended church family. He supports the church and has come to worship off and on for many, many years.

When I finally got back to church the was a message on my machine that the small wedding that was planned for this coming Sunday had been called off. I contacted the bride and told her that I would be happy to oblige them when the time was right.

I finished my day by making a visit to one of our members who has been going through a tough time. I stopped in and dropped off a little gift from the Deacon's fund. We talked and we prayed.

As I made my way home I smiled and thanked God for a good day of ministry. I also thank you for making it possible.

Cal

No comments: