Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hospital and convalescent home visits

On Monday I traveled down to Yale - New Haven Hospital to visit Bob Duntz in the cardiac ICU after his double by-pass surgery on Sunday. He was doing well according to his doctors, but the first 48 hours are critical to long term health. I prayed with him and his mom, Bev Duntz. Bob has had an amazing ability to bounce back in the past and we pray his streak will continue.

On the way back home I stopped in to visit Jane Seder at Bridebrook Rehabilitiation Center in East Lyme. She is doing well after her surgery a week ago Sunday. She will be there at least another two to three weeks. We are praying she will be home well before Thanksgiving.

I didn't bring a blanket down to Bob because I knew he was in the ICU and couldn't have one but I did notice that Jane had hers on the bed. We have been giving our "No Sew" blankets to people that have hospital or convalescent stays. The people have loved getting them. So thank you to all who have taken the time to make them. They have become reminders of God's love and faithfulness in times of need.

Cal

No comments: