Monday, February 1, 2010

Visits are fun

I was on the road today. I visited two of our older members. Doris Regets lives at Academy Point in Mystic. I caught up with her as she was returning home from lunch with her son, Bill. We had a nice visit talking about travel and restaurants, Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. Then I prayed and left.

I stopped in to see Jean Roscoe on my way back to town. Jean is doing rehabilitation at Orchard Grove and hopes to get home in the coming weeks. She had just had a nice visit with her cousin and grand-nephew. We talked about church and family and then I prayed with her. For many years Jean was at the center of our prayer ministry. She would send out cards and notes to people on our prayer list. She organized our Bible study and prayer meeting. Now we need to keep her in our prayers. It is always nice to visit her.

Visiting folks is one of the best parts of my job. Unfortunately I don't get to do very much of it these days. People are so busy that a home visit is more trouble for people than they want to admit. I'm always open to visit but it usually comes at a person's request now-a-days. So if you would like me to drop in on you, drop me a note and let's make an appointment.

Cal

No comments: