Thursday, February 4, 2010

Heading out to Boston this morning

This morning I was up early to finish the February newsletter. Now it is on the copy machine. Before I leave in fifteen minutes, everything will be ready to go for the crew who will come in and get it ready to go out in the mail. I'll be putting it on the web site and sending it out electronically very shortly. More on that next time.

In about an hour and a half I'll be heading up to Andover Newton Theological School for a two day church conference. Brian McLaren will be the featured speaker. He is an expert in the field of the emerging church. That means he looks at the data and trends and makes suggestions as to where and what we should be doing to reach this generation of believers.

I'm riding up with Rev. Michael Crane, the pastor of the Essex Baptist Church. It should be a great time. We stay over night and then head back home tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know what I learn. Better yet, come to church and find out as I try to put what I learn into practice.

Cal

No comments: