Tuesday, August 4, 2009

God will direct our steps if we ask Him

It's funny how God works. He directs our steps even when we are sleeping. I woke up on Monday morning and because it was early, I decided to do a make-up meeting at the Sunrise Rotary Club. If you miss a meeting you are supposed to attend a meeting at another club. It builds fellowship and friendship. So I get up and go to the meeting and they have a guest speaker. The guest is none other than Bruce Hayn of Colchester.

He came to the meeting to talk about his next project. Several years ago he decided to get involved in some of these community builds for families in need. Then last spring his efforts were broadcast nationwide when he was chosen to head up the Extreme Home Makeover.

Bruce told the group that they were going to continue doing these kind of builds even without the publicity they got with the television crews. Now plans were under way to build a home for the Landa family in Griswold.

I had to laugh because one of the things we talked about while we were in West Virginia was trying to do the same type of things in Norwich. The only question was how to find things and how to get involved. I asked Bruce about volunteers and he gave me the info I need.

You think God didn't have something to do with this? Think again. Bruce hopes to have the Landa family into their new home by Thanksgiving. I will be getting more information on how members of our congregation can get involved to help and share the love of Christ in this project.

Cal

No comments: