Friday, April 17, 2009

A Visit with Mercy Barnes

Tonight we co-hosted Mercy Gonzales Barnes at a pot luck dinner at Central Baptist Church. I had to go. I am the Pastor. I also am one of the people who has been to Mexicali and worked with Mercy over the last three years. I was bringing the projector too.

Having said all this, I want to tell you I am so glad I went. It was a great evening. Mercy talked about her work as a missionary and how she sees her work as an extension of our ministry. She reminded us that our prayers and financial support makes everything happen that happens. She showed a short video that spoke about the things they do every day and it featured some people from another church who went down to work with them. It made me want to go back again.

Even if you didn't go on one of the mission trips, I really hope you will take advantage of Mercy's visit to Connecticut and go see her in Quaker Hill or Danielson if you are free in the evenings or in Brooklyn if you prefer a daytime offering.

Mercy's programs in Eastern Connecticut

Creamery Brook Retirement Village
April 22 at 1:00 p.m.
Brooklyn CT

Quaker Hill Baptist Church
April 27 at 6:00 p.m.
Quaker Hill, CT

Cornerstone Baptist Church
April 28 at 7:00 p.m.
Danielson, CT

I'll be going to all three if you need a ride. I can also give you directions.

Here are a few photos from tonight's event.

Cal



Mercy greets the people as they arrive.


About twenty five people came out for dinner and the program.


Marie Noyes and Mercy share stories about ministry in Connecticut.


Pastor Michelle Madsen Bibeau and Melanie Schueuermann talk before dinner.


Mercy shares her passion for ministry and mission with the crowd.

No comments: