Thursday, April 23, 2009

Three busy days

It has been one of those weeks where I've been going sunrise to sunset with appointments across the state.

On Tuesday I tried to make several pastoral visits without much success. Everyone seemed to be out in the rain. Then I spent a few hours at a educational event in Manchester. Then I came back to finish my night with choir rehearsal.

On Wednesday I began the day with a visit from Rod Allen. I followed that up with some time at the Norwich Clergy meeting and then went up to Brooklyn for a program at Creamery Brook Retirement Village. Mercy Gonzalez Barnes was the speaker. After the program I met Mrs. Ward. She is the mother of Pastor Rusty Ward and a former missionary to Japan. The residents stayed afterwards and we shared some interesting conversation. I drove Mercy to New Haven where she met up with Rev. Linda Lea Snyder. Linda was taking Mercy to Bridgeport for an engagement with one of our Hispanic congregations.

I headed back to Norwich and met with our Missional Church Committee to talk about our next event. We are looking to reach out to our public servants with a "thank you" gift in May.

Today I began and ended with a stress test. In between I went to Ann Canon's funeral and attended a monthly meeting with my clergy friends in New London. The stress test went well and I got a clean check for another year.

Here are a few photos of Mercy and her presentation at Creamery Brook.



Cal

No comments: