Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A busy day of procrastinating

I began the day with the idea that I would finish cleaning my office. I got sidetracked by a couple of meetings that were on my schedule.

First I met with Greg Perry, the pastor of the Greenville Congregational Church. He and I volunteered to work on an interfaith worship celebration in conjunction with the 350th anniversary of Norwich. He shared some of his ideas and I got pretty excited. We will meet again early next month with a few others and flesh out the service in more detail.

After lunch I met Randy Sargent and Ray Deptulski at Home Depot. We picked up the materials for the suspended ceiling and lighting fixtures for the nursery and brought them back to church. The Property Committee has been working hard to brighten up the church nursery for Rosie and the kids. The walls have been painted, a television and dvd player were donated. In the next couple of weeks it will be finished and today's supply run makes it possible.

I came back before choir and jumped right back into cleaning. I started going through my old sermons and tossed about 95 % of them. Some of them are on the computer. I don't know why I keep them. I guess I just wanted them in case I needed to use them again. The problem is that they just don't preach well a second time. I also kept them in case I needed them at my next church. After twenty four years, that excuse just doesn't work anymore. So today I decided to toss them.

Anyway tomorrow I'll try to finish the cleaning. We'll see how far I get.

Cal

No comments: