Friday, July 4, 2008

A wedding brings family together

Last night the whole gang was there for Kevin and Lindsey's wedding rehearsal. I especially like wedding rehearsals when it involves a family from church. It allows me to spend time with grandparents, in-laws, brothers and sisters who may not attend church here. I usually go to the wedding too, so I get to chat with them about family things at some point in time. I like this because family and friendships are at the heart of our ministry. It allows me to get to know a person or a family on a deeper level when we get together for a special occasion.

The truth is that we all look at our church as an extension of the family, but most of us have lots of "real family" who don't get what we do at church. This gives us an opportunity to bring our faith life to the family table. So tomorrow I will be spending the afternoon with the Adams family and I ca't wait. IT will be a special day.

No comments: