Friday, July 11, 2008

In the good old summertime

I have taken some vacation time over the last few weeks and been spending it down in New London and Mystic. Two weeks ago I spent three days in New London at the Miss Connecticut Pageant. This week I pent four days in Mystic at Access Broadway's National Dance Competition. You have probably noticed my blog entries haven't been as regular during the last few weeks. I have had good intentions but something always seemed to come up.

It is summer time and most of our schedules tend to be a little bit different. Trips to the beach, amusement park and family vacations crowd our schedule. As a result some of our regular activities fall by the wayside.

It is no secret that church attendance is one of the casualties of summer for many people. There just doesn't seem to be time. It is pretty understandable because we have all been there. But let me say this. Just as some of you miss these blog entries because you have come to enjoy them, so it is with church. We (I) miss you when you are away.

Church can be an uplifting addition to a busy schedule. It allows you to sit back and reflect on your blessings. It also gives you a chance for a sabbath moment in the craziness of summer activity. So do what you got to do but don't stay away just because it is summer. Check in when you can.

Cal

No comments: