Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tuesday chatter and plans for the future

We had choir rehearsal tonight and began planning out the music from now until the end of the spring. It was exciting tonight because we always get to choose a couple of our favorites to do for the last two weeks in June. Most of us in the choir enjoy the music that Cynthia and Adel choose, but we all have our favorites. Sometimes our favorites become legendary. For example Fred Green always mentions "Shine, Jesus Shine" when we mention favorites. Of course some favorites attributed to people may not be their own choice. A good example of that is the fact that we used to kid Geri Diehl about "Wings of the Dawn" being her favorite. I think she finally accepted it but it definitely was NOT her favorite the first time we sang it.

This morning I also began planning out my sermons from now until the end of June. I will be using the lectionary so it means choosing my text and writing up a one paragraph synopsis that I can use to help pick the right anthems and hymns and special music to use in the services.

Tonight I got a couple of emails from Mercy and Rick Barnes in Mexico. It dawned on me as I was reading them that we leave a week from today. Yikes, it is almost here.

Cal

No comments: