Saturday, April 5, 2008

A night of hoop fun

I am sore today. Last night we wrapped up our 2007-08 Basketball Outreach ministry with a Coaches/Parents vs. Kids basketball game. Yes. I played. I even scored a basket. I am paying for it today. If you look at the first few photos you may see me. I am the one that is always a little (chubby) blurry because I am on the move.

We had a great time and I think although the kids wanted to win, they gained new respect for their coaches and dads. We met at Bishop School and played for about an hour and then came back to church for pizza and soda. I handed out booklets with a lot of photos of the kids and gave them a short devotion and led them in prayer.

I've included some pictures from last night's action. Enjoy.

Cal.

PS This song made me think of how God loves us and that is why we have this special ministry to kids.



Next year we will be looking for more involvement from the congregation. This year we had a number of people stop in to pray with the kids and share their testimonies. We will build on it next season. So stay tuned.

No comments: