Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another coincidence?

On Sunday Bobbie Adams, Stephanie Mattos and Cynthia Strouse were in the kitchen at St. Mark's Evangelical Lutheran Church. Bobbie and Steph cooked up a meatloaf dinner and Cynthia laid out a fancy salad. Meanwhile Amanda and Kathy Duntz, Zelda, Bella and Sophie, George Rezendes, Muriel Roderick and I helped out. Well, I mostly took pictures and talked to people.

We fed over seventy people and like with the fishes and loaves, we had just enough to go around for everyone. I even got to eat with the folks. I sat down with a fellow I know from my long time in the community and a couple of his new friends. We had a great time talking about life and God. The young man shared a bit of his story and as we were getting up to go he said, "You know Pastor, I got a book you should read. It changed my life. It is by this guy in California. "It is called the Purpose Driven Life."

I laughed and then told him that our whole church was reading it right now. Funny how God works. There is a web that binds us all together. On Sunday a coupe of the strands came together.

Cal

No comments: