Saturday, December 13, 2008

Too good to be true?

When I purchased the software for a "do it yourself photo directory kit" I was very excited. I thought to myself, "How hard can it be to put together our own photo directory if we have the software?" It has taken us six months. We started taking pictures at Easter (did I say six months?) and two weeks ago we ran off our first copies. I thought everything would be simple using our handy, dandy, color laser printer. Boy was I wrong.

We could only muster fifteen copies that first week and four the next week. The laser printer has a flaw. It runs too hot and after a certain number of copies the pages start sticking together and colors start running. There is also a scratch on the drum and it appears to put a fine line through some photos.

Never one to be intimidated, I decided to solve the problem by buying a new printer. Armed with a 10% off certificate and a coupon worth another 13.50 and the promise of a $50 rebate, I purchased the printer today. Two hours later I am ready to give up. Actually I already put up the red flag and called George Rezendes to help me install the printer.

I am used to working on macs where all you have to do is drag and drop and its done. Windows vista is another ballgame. Well if George is successful, we will have twenty more directories ready for tomorrow. If not....

Cal

No comments: