Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday nights with Jesus

I love Wednesday nights. Tonight I really felt the spirit moving around the sanctuary. Robert Phillips joined Cheryl Dutrumble and Steve Contois tonight. As they were singing and playing he offered us some back-up on the tom tom drums. It was cool.

As we entered prayer time there was a quiet acknowledgment of God's presence. We lifted up several people going through difficult times including the family of Jenna Smith whose calling hours were tonight in Jewett City. We also continued our practice of asking God's blessing on seven different families in the congregation. It was a great time.

I jumped on that in my message where I talked about the woman at the well and how Jesus helped fill the deep longing that was in her heart. He does the same for us as he gives us the living water.

Wednesday nights give us the opportunity to simply be together with God and each other in a relaxed setting. That's what makes it so special. If you haven't been to a service recently, I invite you to come and join us.

Next week Robert Phillips is going to share the message and lead the service because I have another commitment. So come and be blessed.

Cal

No comments: